Position: DURABLE SOLUTIONS ASSISTANT
Duty Station: Brasilia, BRAZIL
Start Date: 3 September 2018
Est. Monthly Base Salary: BRL 8,600 per month
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The Durable Solutions Assistant reports to the Livelihood Officer. The Durable Solutions Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to durable solutions operations. The incumbent maintains frequent contacts with colleagues within the same Office to exchange information. External contacts are mainly with implementing partners for the purpose of managing the logistics of the durable solution activities.
2. FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT
– Durable solutions activities are carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
– Information and data related to durable solutions are up to date and securely maintained, in line with applicable SOPs.
– Assist in identifying and registering candidates for voluntary repatriation and prepare documentation for their return, in line with Voluntary repatriation SOPs.
– Assist in identifying and registering candidates for local integration and prepare the appropriate documentation for onward submission to local authorities or partners, in line with Local Integration SOPs.
– Participate in identifying resettlement needs of refugees, in line with Resettlement SOPs.
– Assist in updating the electronic databases for resettlement, voluntary repatriation and local integration, in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
-Process documentation to ensure that persons of concern receive the documents required for their durable solutions in a timely manner.
– Prepare statistical and ad-hoc reports to ensure accurate information is available and shared with relevant offices and partners.
– Prepare documents relating to durable solutions. – Enter information into available databases, in line with SOPs.
3. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
4. ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
– Completion of Secondary Education with training/certification in a related field.
-Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
– Fluency in Portuguese, English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
5. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
– Diverse field experience.
-Completion of PLP, RSD-Resettlement Learning Programme, Protection Induction an asset.
– Excellent knowledge in MS Word, Excel and database management.
-Experience in Interviewing.
All applications must be submitted in English and include signed PHP entry form and motivation letter.
Complete application package must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 July 2018, with the subject line “DURABLE SOLUTIONS ASSISTANT”. Both PHP and motivation letter files must be named with your name, i.e, “Your Name – Motivational Letter”; “Your Name – PHP”.
Since 1 November 2017, the revised Personal History Form is to be used for all applications to UNHCR. Please note that any previous versions of the P.11 will no longer be considered.
Applications that do not meet the above specifications will be automatically disqualified.
Kindly note that UNHCR-Brazil does not issue receipt of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phases of the selection process.
Para saber mais, clique aqui.