- Social Development Specialist
- Social Development
- Profissional e Técnico
- Washington, DC
- International Hire
- English [Essential]; French [Desired]; Spanish [Desired]
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Participate in developing and implementing the work program of the Community Driven Development’s (CDD) Global Solutions Group (GSG) and Community of Practice (COP).
- Manage the existing Community-driven Development COP knowledge management resources and activities, including:
o Responding to, or directing to appropriate COP team and/or GSG members, requests to the CDD “help desk” for specific advice and support from operational teams and other partners,
o Curating materials and updating the CDD “resource library” on a regular basis,
o Regularly updating the CDD GSG internal and external websites,
o Oversee semi-annual updating of the CDD database,
o Identifying and organizing discrete knowledge exchange events such as BBLs, roundtable discussions, project team “clinics”, etc., based on demand from teams and emerging opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of other ad hoc knowledge management and exchange efforts such as the CDD Core Course, regional CDD conferences (such as the Asia regional conferences), and other cross-country/global events with thematic or other emphases.
- Identify and develop concepts for cross-GP/CCSA knowledge exchange activities and seek to secure necessary funding for such events.
- Assist with analytical activities of the CDD GSG and other groups, including: literature reviews, synthesis of recent research and impact evaluations on CDD, dissemination of research, preparing relevant policy notes based on research, identify opportunities and funding for GSG-led research.
- Provide relevant CDD-related inputs to the CDD GSG/COP newsletter (“What’s Happening”) and other communications items and materials.
- Participate in missions and provide operational support and technical inputs to task teams and counterparts in area of specialization, e.g., evaluation, capacity building, operational design; (up to a maximum of 30 percent of time)
- Recommend ways of improving the CDD CoP/GSG services to the broader development community
- Participate in and/or lead tasks as requested in broader social development global engagement activities (e.g. outreach, partnership, resource mobilization efforts, GP SURR flagship and/or international high-level events, etc.).
- Direct experience working on CDD operations; with multiple teams or across regions an advantage.
- Ability to develop, analyze and articulate technical issues in the social sector—especially on issues related to CDD or community based development. Ability to connect analysis to policy advice and operational decisions on social/CDD issues.
- Background in CDD evaluations or research and mixed-methods is advantageous.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks; ability to engage effectively internal and external clients in the provision of knowledge and learning, technical assistance and advisory services.
- Ability to work independently, requiring only general guidance on complex issues. A self-starter who shows initiative and is pro-active.
- Attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written skills in English and the demonstrated ability to produce high quality analytical reports and communications. Written and spoken fluency in other official World Bank languages highly desirable.
Para saber mais clique aqui