Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Department for International Trade roles)
Working with the Strategic Accounts Team you will support the delivery of activities aiming at increasing UK exports to the Brazilian market. You will be responsible for providing support the team with subjects related to account management, trade policy and overseas direct investment.
The activities are largely focused on supporting the team on the management of the relationship with Brazilian and UK companies with their business development and support in the delivery of several initiatives focused on the development of a pipeline of commercial opportunities in Brazil for UK companies, with particular focus on, but not limited to, Advanced Engineering, Aerospace, Infrastructure, Food & Drink, Creative Industries and Retail sectors.
You will have the opportunity to participate at commercial meetings, trade fairs and external events in order to develop your professional skills and experience to enhance your future career prospects.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to the Strategic Accounts Team.
- Keeping and updating records of interactions with clients on Client Relationship Management systems, under the guidance of the sector manager.
- Organising travel agendas and logistic arrangements for the, to the team, and to potential trade missions.
- Assisting in the preparation of market research reports, internal briefings, visiting programmes for clients.
- Organising events.
- Scoping business opportunities for UK companies, through cold calls.
- Accompanying meetings with Brazilian and UK companies, both virtually and in person.
- Analysing trade data, news, and sector information related to the sectors of Advanced Engineering, Aerospace, Infrastructure, Food & Drink, Creative Industries and Retail.
- The candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in any area of study and graduating no sooner than July 2019.
- Advanced English with excellent writing and speaking capabilities.
- Fluent Portuguese, with excellent writing and speaking capabilities.
- Proactive self-starter, willing to “go the extra mile”; collaborative, organized, responsible, communicative, creative and opened to learn and receive feedback.
- Any past internship experiences, particularly if working at a commercial role or any public organisation