Advice, support and delivery for the Ambassador, and the Brazil network, to achieve the network objectives. Clear communication and efficient management of the Executive Office.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To manage and coordinate a smooth flow of information between the Ambassador and the rest of the UK’s diplomatic network in Brazil, ensuring that the Ambassador has the right support and preparation for each activity; and passing feedback to the members of the network especially on the Ambassador’s priorities and decisions.
- To ensure Executive Office support and coordination of the Brazil Board (the main decision taking body), other committees, and the senior level meeting of the network at the start of each week
- To manage the Ambassador’s diary so that their time is used to maximum effect; and arrange meetings for the Ambassador with senior Brazilian interlocutors, such as Ministers and CEOs.
- To organise the Ambassador’s travel within Brazil and to the UK, and the budget for that travel.
- To work with colleagues in the British Consulates outside Brasilia to ensure that the Ambassador is well prepared for all activities outside Brasilia.
- To line manage the Events Manager and Ambassador’s Office Intern.
The job holder should be quick, precise and discreet. They should be a good planner and be able to juggle competing demands, switch between different functions and be comfortable working at speed with a lot of different customers. They should also be a friendly and approachable face of the Executive office to senior outsiders, and to staff. They need to be keen to be part of a culture of excellence, respect and working together.
Line management of 2 (Events Manager and Ambassador’s Office Intern)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Portuguese with strong organisational and communication skills
- Experience as an assistant, including with IT systems to support their work.
- Good self-management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Portuguese written and spoken
- Experience of managing staff.
Learning and development opportunities:
- Other FCO Mandatory Training: Responsible for Information , Diversity at Work, Health & Safety Awareness, Unconscious Bias, Disability Awareness, LBG&T Awareness
- Line Management learning packages
- The jobholder will need to be prepared to work occasionally outside normal working hours.
- The period of probation for this role in 3 months.
- The British Embassy in Brasilia offers an attractive working environment and a monthly remuneration package for this role of R$7.848,00 plus benefits (including an excellent health care package).
- Core office hours are 8.30am-4.45pm, Monday -Thursday and 8.30am-4pm on Fridays
Clique aqui e saiba mais.