Ensure programme impacts are achieved, building on synergies between programmes, monitored and reported effectively. Maintain budget oversight. Work with teams across the Brazil network to strengthen programme performance and contribute towards the development of 2017/18 programme. Contribute to the sector policy reviews. Ensure Prosperity Group is able to fulfil its sector commitments.
Roles and responsibilities:
Programme Delivery – By 31 March 2018 achieve full implementation of sector portfolio with strategic management, delivering each project objective in time, with VFM and with impact and supports delivery of the wider Sector Campaign and Ministerial Dialogues.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for improving project delivery ensuring impact.
- Reporting progress and project outcomes through regular meetings and informal conversations and ensuring learning is spread.
- Monitor project activities with the implementer & beneficiary, tracking performance and mitigating risks.
- Support management of contracts for transitional funding to support delivery.
Strategy and Developing 2017/18 proposals– To support the design and development of the projects proposals for FY 2017/18, to deliver the Prosperity Fund strategy in Brazil.
- Work closely with the Prosperity team and DIT Sector Teams relevant to the portfolio to ensure collaboration in the development of programme proposals.
- Establish strong relationships with implementer and programme stakeholders to ensure project is aligned with Prosperity Fund and wider relevant HMG objectives.
Cross-Whitehall engagement – By March 2018 maintain communication with the wider Brazil Network including DIT teams, ensuring programme opportunities for collaboration are developed and programme impact and wider learning is shared.
- Develop Comms Strategies for the relevant projects with Embassy’s & stakeholder’s Comms Team.
- Ensure programmes contribute toward policy delivery e.g. track of major policy events/high level visits.
- Contribute to policy reviews.
Support development and implementation of project management tools and business models to improve performance.
- Projects of £30m
- Hold a university degree in International Relations, Economics, Environment, International Trade or related-areas.
- Have a demonstrable track record of managing a portfolio of projects and an understanding of Environment and Economic and Trade issues in Brazil.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese are essential for this position.
- Experience of policy work.
- A diverse network of contacts in government, business and civil society.
- A Master’s degree and 5 years experience on project management are desirable.
- Readiness to start managing projects and fast learning capability are crucial to success.