Education & Work Experience: G-Bachelor’s Level Degree – 12 year(s) experience, I-Master’s Level Degree – 8 year(s) experience
Contract Duration: 6 months
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Management, the Procurement Business Partner ensures the effective delivery of procurement services in UNDP Brazil through a close collaboration with the Joint Operations Facility in Brazil.
He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides support to complex issues related to procurement that may become apparent in UNDP’s business with the JOF. The Procurement Business Partner promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The incumbent is entrusted with the provision of capacity building and advisory support to UNDP project teams in the CO with the coordination of procurement services requested by the projects to assure quality of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
1. Support to daily activities for the procurement department by liaison with JOF
2. Management of procurement processes for CO, projects
3. Support to the implementation of sourcing strategy and procurement tools for projects and liaison to JOF
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Support to daily activities for the procurement department by liaison with JOF focusing on achievement of the following results:
Follow up and monitoring of all procurement process from UNDP with JOF to ensure effectiveness.
Propose solutions and strategies to solve problems.
Support the Program Unit within the negations with Partners.
Review the procurement process prior to their submission to JOF, if necessary.
Participate in the Procurement committees to accelerate the delivery and project implementation.
Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
Ensure the provision of procurement policy advice to UNDP projects and office staff, establishing a coordination mechanism with JOF system.
Ensures that all JOF procurement services abide in full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; and that implementation of the effective internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system is in place for UNDP requests.
Proposals of cost saving and reduction strategies in the CO and projects being supported by JOF services.
Analysis and proposals on elaboration of contract strategy, sourcing strategy, quality management, supplier selection, improvement of ad-Hoc procurement processes in the CO.
2. Management of procurement processes for CO, projects focusing on achievement of the following results:
Analysis of information for preparation of procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation.
Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
Preliminary review of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Follow up on timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
Elaboration of proposals and implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
Implementation of procurement services and elaboration of proposals/ analysis.
3. Support to the implementation of sourcing strategy and procurement tools for projects and liaison to JOF focusing on achievement of the following results:
Support to OM in data analysis and KPI’s.
Analysis of comparative reports from JOF
Elaboration of reports of critical factors with direct impact in delivery
Provides feedback on JOF collaboration and proposes improvements or common solutions as required.
Support the implementation of UNDP and JOF procurements systems and solutions.
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
Participation in the organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in procurement arrangements with JOF.
Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice in the larger UN operational system as well as in UNDP.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the daily basis CO efficiency in procurement activities and success in operational strategies and deliveries with JOF. Accurate, thoroughly researched information, timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and timely delivery of UNDP programmes and projects.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
• Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
• Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
• Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
• Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
• Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
• Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
• Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
• Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.2: Research and analysis and making recommendations on management systems
• Maintains information/databases on system design features
• Develops simple system components
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
• Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
• Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
• Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
• Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.2: Basic monitoring
• Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
• Monitors the implementation of corporate accountability and results-based management systems and makes recommendations to enhance performance of business units
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Self-development, initiative-taking
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
• Creating synergies through self-control
• Managing conflict
• Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
• Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
Post-Graduation courses (Strictu Sensu) in Administration, Business, Finance, Economic or other related area.
Or additional 4 years of relevant experience beyond the requirement can be considered as equivalent to the Post Graduation requirement.
At least 8 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in the execution or consulting of procurement services.
Desirable solid experience in project implementation.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web based management and social knowledge management systems and networks.
Strong familiarity with ERP Systems
Fluency in Portuguese
Working knowledge in English.
Clique aqui para maiores informações.