Duties and Responsibilities
1. Undertake literature surveys, carry out research, conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis;Under the overall supervision of the Project Research Coordination team of IPC-IG and IPEA, the candidate is expected to perform the following:
2. Share research findings within the project coordinators, and prepare presentations and reports when requested;
3. Systematically document the methodology`s design and implementation;
4. Produce technical documents and reports related to the project;
5. Provide inputs on the advance of the project to the Technical Committee periodically
6. Prepare and promote a National Seminar to present the working progress and results for debate between a selected group of experts.
7. Organize, plan, monitor and support the project activities; in particular
a. Assist the analysis of adequacy of the current applied methodologies, including the findings of the project IDB BR T1183 – “Fortalecimento do planejamento orçamentário de mudança do clima e Gestão Fiscal no Brasil” about climate change expenditures to the present ongoing IPEA`s environmental expenditures project methodology and data;
b. Draft a methodology application Guide
c. Assist the test of application of the methodology for the defined historical series by using the draft guide;
d. Carry out the final elaboration of a Methodology Application Guide (Reference Reports).
e. Support IPEA on the organization of a database (historical series) on the federal government’s budget for the identification and categorization of expenditures on climate change (direct and indirect expenses), with SIAFI and SIGA Brasil as mainly data sources.
8. Identify and liaise with key research and policy related partners and institutions;
9. Support the Research Coordination to liaise with project partners and relevant stakeholders;
10. Assist in organizing a workshop in cooperation with partner institutions;
11. Assume duties as needed in support the Project`s Technical and Management Committees meetings, registering discussions and fostering the properly follow-up of activities discussed.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-graduation (Lato Sensu or Stricto Sensu) in Economics, Budget Accounting, Public Management, Environmental Management, Political Sciences, or related fields, and at least 07 years of experience with research projects with government institutions, independent research institutions or international organizations;
- University Degree in Economics, Budget Accounting, Public Management, Environmental Management, Political Sciences, or related fields and at least 11 years of experience with research projects with government institutions, independent research institutions or international organizations.
- Professional or academic experience with research methods in particular with public expenditure accounting;
- Proficiency in written and spoken Portuguese proven by certificate or previous work, or academic experience, or personal experience abroad, or as mother tongue;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English proven by certificate, or previous work, or academic experience, or personal experience abroad, or as mother tongue.
- Professional or academic experience within the climate change area;
- Professional or academic experience with development of methodologies;
- Professional or academic experience with Brazilian public budget and expenditure;
- Professional or academic experience with data collection and/or gathering and/or analysis and/or systematization;
- Experience within the UN/UNDP/International Organizations.
Application and Selection Process
Application Deadline : 31 Oct 2018
Applicants must send a P11 form* and Cover Letter to email@example.com quoting “Researcher” in the subject.
The IPC-IG strongly encourages sending the following extra documents in the application for consideration:
· Detailed CV;
· Recommendation letter.
All documents must be submitted in English. Applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted.
Gostou? Inscreva-se aqui.