Since 2018, many significant changes has happened in the operation of UNHCR Brazil. Affected by the Venezuelan Situation, the operation has expanded its staffing and presence in several field locations. As the Venezuelan influx is foreseen to continue and new arrivals stays in the border state of Roraima, pressuring local services and struggling to survive with very limited economic opportunities available, Brazil Government, through the so called “Welcome Operation” (Operacao Acolhida) is strengthening its efforts to expand the internal voluntary relocation programme aiming to decongest Roraima state while supporting Venezuelans to access better economic prospects in the new destination cities after relocation. UNHCR Brazil aims to increase its assistance in Roraima to the Venezuelans in the internal voluntary relocation programme (“interiorization”) implemented by the Government of Brazil. The incumbent will deal with media requests, liaise with other external entities/partners regarding public information activities and produce original content for UNHCR communication channels, ensuring the visibility of UNHCR and partners in this operation, always taking into account protection concerns and the best interest of beneficiaries. The nature of certain tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
– Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training in Journalism, Advertisement, International Relations or related field.
– Minimum 5 years of previous relevant job experience.
– Working knowledge on production and management of social media tools.
– Basic knowledge on photography and video production.
– Communication and computer skills: MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign and internet.
– Excellent drafting skills as well as translation and interpreting skills.
– Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language. Spanish is an asset
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
– Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position.
Para completar a candidatura, é preciso escrever uma carta de motivação e preencher o formulário Personal History Form, que devem ser enviados em inglês.
Se interessou? Mais informações aqui.