The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Brasilia has an immediate vacancy for a full-time Accounting Officer. We are seeking a highly motivated person with relevant education and experience who will be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing accounting work in connection with the accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP) functions. The Accounting Officer reports to the Head of Administration.
Duties include handling all incoming and outgoing payments, preparing general ledger entries, maintaining regular dialogue with vendors and banks, interacting with our external accounting office to determine monthly payroll in addition to managing time registration, vacation registry etc. for locally employed staff. Additionally, as a member of the administrative team, the Accounting Officer will assist in other administrative fields when needed. The Embassy currently has six diplomats and sixteen locally employed staff.
- Validate invoices;
- Process incoming and outgoing payments;
- Prepare general ledger entries;
- Process payroll for locally employed staff and interface with accounting firm as needed;
- Manage time registration, vacation registry etc for locally hired staff;
- Review contracts and miscellaneous documents for accuracy;
- Maintain regular contact with banks and vendors;
- Be an integral part of the administrative team which includes assisting and filling in for the receptionist and archivist when needed;
- Assist in other administrative tasks as necessary;
- Other responsibilities may be added to the position as required.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Higher education, preferably at bachelor level in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar;
- Must be fluent (both written and oral) in English and Portuguese.
Proven skills and relevant experience
- Previous experience in working for an embassy or international organization;
- Previous exposure to Scandinavian culture and language is an advantage.
- High integrity and trustworthiness;
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion;
- Punctual, service minded and flexible.
- A solid and dynamic work environment with professional colleagues;
- Compensation according to qualifications and local regulations.
How to apply
- Please submit a one-page application in English plus a short CV including minimum two references by email to email@example.com by Sunday, January 24, 2021;
- Please label your email APPLICATION FOR ACCOUNTING OFFICER POSITION *YOUR NAME*.
Cadastre-se agora para ter acesso a mais oportunidades de todas as regiões
do país! Clique aqui!