The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP).
The new program is now accepting applications on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across our institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
Young Professionals are recruited from around the world, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries and countries of operations. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA. Young Professionals (YPs) start the program in Washington, DC, where they engage in intensive training—on-the-job and in the classroom—learning the fundamentals of leadership and development operations across institutions, and how to identify opportunities for joint impact.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
Applications are open June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 16 – September 20 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
- Academic Credentials
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
Short Essay Question
In 6,000 characters or less, please describe:
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA);
- Why you are the right person for the role; and
- How your preferred institution, and the WBG as a whole, should support our clients to contain the impact of COVID-19, working towards a green, resilient, and inclusive recovery
The World Bank Group is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. To ensure the safety of our current and prospective staff, the 2021 YPP interviews will be conducted virtually. Activities may include:
- An assessment center, where you will be asked to participate in individual and group exercises
- Timed computer-based financial tests
Applicants who are invited to interview will be provided with more detail as the process moves along.
Curtiu? Para mais informações e se inscrever, clique aqui.
Aproveite e cadastre-se agora para ter acesso a mais vagas de todas as regiões do país! Clique aqui!