Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the overall supervision of the UN Resident Coordinator, functional support and guidance from OHCHR and direct/ operational supervision of the UN Human Rights Adviser (UNHRA), in close cooperation with UN Agencies, the UN Volunteer Human Rights Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
Program support delivery
- Assists human rights research and analysis, and contributes to the preparation of re-ports, briefings, studies, background papers, conceptual notes, among others.
- Supports human rights data collection, including regarding on the situation of human rights defenders.
- Assists the NHRA in responding to internal and external inquiries and information requests.
- Contributes to delivering training and technical assistance to government counter-parts and other national stakeholders on UN human rights standards and mechanisms.
- Supports the organization of missions, conferences, workshops, trainings, technical meetings, seminars and others.
- Supports the liaison with relevant stakeholders, including UN organisms, government, civil society organizations and other relevant actors.
- Performs related duties as required.
Communication and advocacy
- Assists in producing appealing and well written publications, online pieces and social media content, including videos and graphic materials.
- Assists the planning and organization of UN events, and the UN participation in events related to human rights themes, including conferences, seminars and other external events, communicating clearly and efficiently with different kinds of audi-ences.
- Assists in drafting routine correspondence, memoranda, letters, invitations and other documents.
- Supports the communication in writing documents and liaising with partners to collect information relevant to the implementation of the human rights workplan.
Administrative support to programs
- Provides administrative support for missions, conferences, workshops, training, tech-nical meetings, seminars and other activities, including through the request and follow up of procurement services.
- Supports the technical and financial reporting of activities undertaken.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, international relations, political science, sociology or related areas is required.
- Master’s degree desirable
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience in human rights, at national or international levels is required.
- Previous experience working with the United Nations or other multilateral organizations is an advantage.
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
Se interessou? Inscreva-se aqui